Educational Philosophy

Education is a social process. Education is growth. Education is not a preparation for life; education is life itself.

~ John Dewey

Our simple educational philosphy: we learn as we live and we celebrate what we learn!

Learning Through Living - Blogged


Recent Reads

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Poetry by H

To Soar and To Fly


(like Emily Dickinson)

It moves so swiftly through the air

It must feel so good to be up there

Running through the trees

I do not dare

But the urge to stare

Takes me over there.

I wonder why

I want to be so high

Like an eagle up in the sky.

Voices


(like Walt Whitman)

I hear the swim meet voices, the varied sounds I hear

The splash of a kick, strong and fast

The beep of the start, sudden yet predictable

The cheers of the parents, always present

The “Pull, pull, go, go!” of the coach

The “Yes, I did it,” a feeling of pride

The “Great job,” always motivating

Many energized voices, all at one time

That’s the way the meet goes.

The meet, the mirror of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

National Geographic Place of the Week